Friday, January 14, 2011

Bad News...

So, I submitted a very good resume and application to Fidelity yesterday afternoon. My friend Rachel said I had a very good shot at getting the job. This morning, I woke up to an e-mail saying, "Although your background and experience are impressive, we will not be pursuing you." Rachel called me after I e-mailed her with the news and told me there's only one reason that she can think of that they would reject me so quickly. She didn't tell me what it was because it was in a voicemail, but I have a feeling that it's because I have a bad financial history. That really pisses me off if that's the case because that has NOTHING to do with how I would perform at this job. Yeah, I've made numerous mistakes with bank accounts and have had bank accounts written off and sent to collections, but I am better with money now and I REALLY wanted this job. I understand it's in the financial industry, but it has to do with investments and helping people with them. Why does my financial history have to have anything to do with my abilities to perform the job well?! I had hope and now I am back again to having none.

No comments:

Post a Comment